Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Problem Solved

You'll never believe just what was wrong with my computer. Actually I'm furious about it. The cable guy came and spent over an hour here checking everything that could make the computer not access the web. He found nothing at all. He changed everything out to new and went into the computer to check the settings and they all checked out just fine.
I went and told him the only thing that was different was my Norton 360 had expired and I had not renewed it just yet. He said that couldn't be the problem. He called another tech and they said it could be a problem. So, he got on another computer at my home and downloaded a code to enable the computer to uninstall my old Norton and immediately it went back online. I then uploaded the new Norton and all is well. Now I can't handle the fact that Norton shut down my computer because of it expiring. That is just way to much control from any company for me. You can bet I'm going to see what I can do about it. It put me offline for over 4 days. Then I'll see about using another anti-virus program that will not do such a thing. So beware if you're using Norton, either don't let it expire or find another product to use that won't shut you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment