Monday, June 21, 2010

Small Moments of Time

The weekend before last I was sitting watching my grandson playing with his Thomas the Train toys at our house while he was here for a sleepover weekend. I thought about all the moments of time he and I were sharing and the memories we were building between the two of us. I thought that if people take those special moments of time and write them down they somehow become special memories you cherish in years to come. By writing them down you make a mental picture of that time spent. That time was special for me simply because I was sharing time with my grandson imprinting memories on his thoughts and mind for later years. Don't overlook the small moments while waiting for the large, momentous times. Each day is a memory and a gift of beauty that you can share with those you love. Your family members will have stories of their own they'll willingly share with you.

What was so special about this weekend for me? One of the things I'll remember is that my grandson wanted to make a 'starwish'. What a lovely thought! So he and I went outside and I waited while he made his wish on the star. I was priviledged to share this moment with him. What a sweet little boy and I'm so happy this memory is mine alone to keep in my heart and mind. You see, it's the little things we hold most dear , so please don't let them pass by unnoticed. I'm wishing many memories for you to hold in your heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment