Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Christmas Cactus


My Christmas Cactus is blooming again. It looks like there will only be one flower this time. I love how it looks. The petals are an ivory tinged with pink/fushia. The pestal is dark fushia. It's totally beautiful. It fully opened this morning. I've been watching it grow and get ready to bloom for about a week or so. This cactus is about 14 years old and it's only the 3rd or 4th time it's bloomed in all that time. I think it's interesting how it blooms off the end of the stem, so delicate and big. I thought you'd all like to see it. I'll be taking more photos as it opens more and you can then see into the inside of the flower. What a nice surprise for me this morning to have it open as it's also my birthday.
We had a very nice Thanksgiving day with my family. It was fun and peaceful. Everyone was here except my daughter-in-law as she had to work from about 11:30 to 8 p.m. Had a great time with everyone else. Thankful my children live close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment