Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sights At The Lakefront!



I find it fascinating when I go to the lakefront park and find all the various wildlife that calls it home. Throughout the summer I've watched all the new babies growing and becoming adult birds. The family of ducks in the picture are the second family I've seen grow this summer. I think they are lovely. They hang together and usually both parents are with them. I can't seem to get enough of them. I've been able to watch the ducks and cranes grow from babies to teens to adults. Throughout the process their parents protect, guide and care for them. Reminds me that we humans do the same with our young. Funny how we're not that far removed or different from the animal kingdom. I come from a family of six children and we all spent most of our time hanging out with each other and our parents. They were protective as we grew and became adults. Then we started the process over again as we became parents watching over our young.

Photography is a big part of my life. I love to capture life in all it's forms on film or digital. It allows me the opportunity to tell either through photography or the written word all the stories from my daily trek of photography and pen. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment