Monday, May 24, 2010

Four Girls Equals - Lots of Dolls!


I thought I'd tell you about some of the dolls we had sharing our lives through our childhood. My mom decided she'd like to take a picture of the dolls we had. I'm not sure if this is all of them but it looks like most of them.
The front row is mostly the "Storybook" dolls. Each of us girls had a couple of them. There was a Betsy Ross, Mary Todd Lincoln, and Fairy Princess. There are others in the picture but I don't recall their names. One of the authors of our book had a 'Sally Walker' doll that actually walked. There were three Red Riding Hood dolls, a bride doll, and an ice skating doll. If you look closely you'll see there are some dolls that are the same, those belonged to my twin sister and I. The big baby dolls on either end, the little dolls on their laps and in the far back middle are the big bridesmaid dolls.
I don't know how my parents did it with six children, but we always had nice toys and dolls. What goes with this is that most of the dolls have survived and are still in our possessions. The bridesmaids, baby dolls, most of the storybook dolls and Sally Walker. They are still our childhood and we hold them dear to us. I'm sure most girls who are now all grown up can still find their dolls tucked away somewhere amongst their possessions.
Do we ever stop buying dolls or stuffed animals? I've got a couple of big bags full of stuffed animals my children have given me throughout the years and they are tucked alongside my dolls from childhood. Enjoy your friends from the past. They are precious people that know all your secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment